VLAIO manages the main grant funding instruments for companies based in Flanders in the areas of research and development, investment, training and consultancy.
What is the SME portfolio?
SMEs receive financial support via the SME portfolio to obtain training or consultancy services that improve the quality of their business. Small enterprises enjoy 30% support and medium-sized enterprises 20%. The maximum grant awarded amounts to 7,500 euro per annum.
What is the SME growth grant?
The SME growth grant is awarded by the Flemish government to support SMEs in Flanders in their growth trajectory, which must align with one of the following four key social themes: digitalization, internationalization, circular and sustainable entrepreneurship or innovation. The grant supports the acquisition or purchase of the strategic knowledge required to achieve your growth trajectory, either by hiring a strategic staff member or by seeking consultancy/advice from a service provider. The support amounts to 50% of the eligible costs with a maximum of 50,000 euro.
What is a VLAIO research or development project?
VLAIO offers both SMEs and large enterprises in Flanders the opportunity to submit a grant application as an individual applicant or in partnership with other companies, universities or research institutions for:
- Research projects for applied research aimed at gaining new knowledge that could lead to innovative products and services. Grant: up to 60% of the eligible costs, with a maximum of 3 million euro.
- Development projects for product, process or service development, prototyping or pilot projects. Grant: up to 50% of the eligible costs with a maximum of 3 million euro.
Are Flemish grants for investments available?
- Strategic Transformation Support Projects (STS) support CAPEX investments and/or training to transform company on the path to internationalization and sustainability. Grant: 20% for training, 8% for investments with a maximum of 500,000 euro.
- Ecology Premium+ supports investments that aim to organize a production process in an environmentally friendly and energy efficient way. Grant amounts to 55% of the additional investment cost, depending on the technology implemented.
- Strategic Ecological Support Projects (STRES) supports innovative ecological investments that cannot be obtained via the Ecology Premium+. The grant amounts to up to 40% of the eligible costs with a maximum of 1,000,000 euro over a three year period.
What is the VLAIO subsidy (grant) database?
The subsidy (grant) database on the VLAIO website combines key grant funding instruments for companies from the provincial-, Flemish-, federal- and European governments. All relevant information on grant funding instruments for companies located in Flanders can be found here.
How can Moore help you with VLAIO subsidies?
At Moore Grants & Incentives we work closely with entrepreneurs to support them in acquiring grants for their innovation projects. Our team’s experience, proven track record and systematic approach supported by tools and methodologies are there to help you efficiently identify the right funding opportunity, coordinate, develop and write a successful proposal and then manage your funded project. Our expertise on VLAIO grant funding combined with up to date knowledge on innovation and sector trends, and effective team work gives the proposals and projects that extra quality boost for success. Once on board, we become part of your team whereby professionalism and trust are key. This with the purpose to strengthen your grant portfolio.