We are looking for an experienced data engineer to help us tackle complex data analytics projects end-to-end in Microsoft Azure. As part of a project data science team, you’ll be in charge to set up, design and develop data architectures & platforms.
As a data engineer, you aim to work hands-on in designing & creating data architectures for the machine learning solutions we build. Every mission we’ll embark in will have concrete deliverables and a deadline; this means we can guarantee you a variety of engagements across clients & industries.
You’ll be responsible for (1) designing & building data architectures including the design & set-up of scalable (big) data lakes (full cloud or hybrid cloud), scheduled transformations & data governance (2) working hand-in-hand with the data scientist deploying machine learning as scalable API services in a perfect fit with the data architecture (3) assisting the project team in deploying data applications including, if needed, close-to real-time architectures
You will work (standalone or in team) with clients and have a responsibility on managing project timeline, status meetings and client coaching & training.
Your overall responsibilities:
- Architect, develop and deploy (both hybrid cloud & full cloud) data architectures in Microsoft Azure
- Act as data engineer expert on latest trends in the data analytics landscape and share best practices with the internal team
- Leverage Open Source technology in building scalable and best-practice set-ups
- Inspire customers with insights & opportunities on new data-driven use-cases
- Work with external vendors and partner technologies including (but not limited to) Azure
- Embrace project management aimed towards getting the job done. This will include working with client data engineers and data scientists but also business stakeholders
- Be an on- and offline ambassador for the element61 innovation team
Being a data engineer at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to get a grip on the impact of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence. As time passes, we’ll encourage you to build a functional expertise within a business or technical domain within your interest such as Spark, Kubernetes, Apache, or others
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or a technically oriented field
- Strong in Linux
- 2 years of experience with Spark, Databricks and ideally Kubernetes and/or Apache Airflow
- 2 years of experience with Azure (DP200 and/or DP201 certification acts as a plus)
- Good knowledge of SQL and excellent coding skills (Python)
- Passionate about analytics machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing team & industry
- Fluent in English. Dutch or French can count as a strength.
element61 offers a comprehensive compensation package that is beyond industry standards.
The compensation packages accrues in various forms including a base salary, bonus plan rewarding personal performance, stock option plan allowing you to share in our success, company car, laptop, meal vouchers, cell phone, internet subscription and highly competitive insurance and pension plan. It might be worth noticing we are also open to discuss parttime work for the right candidates.
More importantly, through formal training, your peers and our knowledge base, you will be able to further develop in the areas of your own desire both in knowledge and soft skills.
Finally, working at element61 is fun and regular social & team events help us to feel & act as one team !