What exactly is ISO?
ISO, or the International Organization for Standardization, is a network of 157 countries and the world's largest developer of international standards. ISO has already published more than 20,000 standards for different sectors covering different topics. The aim of these standards is always to increase productivity and to minimize errors and waste within an organization.
The standards accurately describe the specifications with which products or processes must comply, or with which performance can be measured. A standard, therefore, is a kind of formula that describes the best way to do something.
What is a management system?
A management system includes everything an organization undertakes to manage its processes and activities, so that its products and services meet the objectives of the organization. It is a systematic way of controlling certain processes according to specific standards.
The common thread running through the various management system standards is that they all focus on continuous improvement. Each standard follows the four phases of the so-called PDCA cycle:
- Plan = Define the policy and the objectives
- Do = Take action to achieve these objectives
- Check = Evaluate whether the objectives are being met and whether the risks are being properly managed
- Act = Adapt your policy where necessary, so that the new way of working becomes the standard again and again.
Why ISO certification?
- An ISO management system provides structural monitoring of processes, and thereby reduces costs.
- It helps you to focus on the right objectives and ensures greater flexibility by anticipating risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- An ISO management system ensures engagement with your employees. They are actively involved in the policy and the achievement of the company objectives.
- The system ensures that you are kept up-to-date regardingthe applicable laws and regulations.
- The management system ensures that you constantly reinvent and improve your organization.
What can you expect from us?
- Help in setting up, optimizing and maintaining a living and practically applicable management system that is grafted onto the culture and habits of your organization.
- Guidance from A to Z for successful ISO certification.
- Tailor-made support in carrying out internal audits, in reviewing documents and carrying out analyses, and the management review.
- Training with regard to the ISO standards or auditing.
Moore has all the expertise to support you with all the ISO standards listed below:
- ISO 9001: management system for managing and improving the quality ofproducts and services.
- ISO 14001: Management system for the management and improvement of environmental performance.
- ISO 45001, VCA, VCU: management systems for the management and improvement of health and safety in the workplace and in the working environment.
- ISO 27001: Management system for the management and improvement of information security.
- ISO 22301: Management system for managing and improving business continuity.
- ISO 17020: quality system for establishments that carry out inspections and tests.
- ISO 50001: Management system for managing and improving energy performance.