A Belgian Utility Company wanted to significantly reduce the amount of working capital invested in inventory. The company has a diverse mix of products, some with very stable demand and supply, while other product families would be highly unpredictable.
- Statistical assessment of core supply / demand information.
- Assessment of Replenishment Process & System.
- Product / Customer Segmentation in order to improve key Replenishment parameters for each Segment.
- Development of Reports to show evolution.
- Deliver updated Inventory Management Policy.
- Updated parameters in ERP – Planning System.
- Train customer’s planners on the process & the optimisation techniques.
- A reduction of 25% of stock on hand (a several M-EUR free up of working capital).
- Managed to realise Customer Service Level (product availability), in combination with reduced inventory.