Sector: Life Science
A leading global pharmaceutical company tasked us with developing strategic logistics capabilities for a quick and flexible clinical Supply Chain, that included frozen storage, packaging, labeling, and distribution.
Early-stage clinical development necessitates quick and flexible Supply Chain capabilities, such as improving frozen storage capability and capacity, packing and labeling, and medication distribution.
To address this issue, benchmarking and optimization of frozen operations processes such as freeze/thaw, pick & pack, and shipping monitoring solutions were used. A tight delivery timeline, highly volatile demand in a VUCA environment, and a global Supply Chain with a mix of in-house and outsourced expertise posed numerous challenges, which is why Moore was asked to assist our customer’s Supply Chain team.
Support was provided in several stages:
- Gathering information on strategic capabilities and capacity in the global clinical supply network.
- Aligning of the end-to-end Supply Chain by liaising with business partners in drug development, clinical operations, IT as well as external logistics partners.
- Enabling data-driven make/buy decision on introduction of new logistics capabilities and strategic capacity expansion.
- Coordinating the successful implementation of required introduction/expansion.
- Data-driven, efficient and effective decision-making on strategic Supply Chain capabilities.
- Deep-dive process integration with internal and external logistics partners.
- Successful end-to-end data and systems integration, enabling holistic view on logistics operations.
The Moore Supply Chain team specializes in anything related to your Supply Chain, logistics, planning and procurement. We have hands-on experience in multiple sectors. We like to roll up our sleeves and get involved! Whatever you need, from analysis and advice to implementation and training, you can count on us.